Indiana Harvest Sausage & Lentil Soup combines Italian seasonings of oregano and basil with red and green lentils to give this hearty soup its great flavor and high fiber content. Add Italian sausage, zucchini, and diced tomatoes for a tasty full-bodied meal. Easy to make in about an hour.
You will also need:
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 lb Mild Italian sausage
- 12 cups Beef broth
- 1 Can Petite diced tomatoes (29 oz.)
- 1 cup Red wine
- Pick through the lentils. Remove discolored, shriveled lentils and any foreign material. Rinse well.
- Heat olive oil in a 6 or 8-quart pot.
- Crumble and brown sausage in oil.
- Stir in contents of Indiana Harvest Sausage and Lentil Soup Mix seasoning packet.
- Stir in broth and lentils. Bring pot to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, zucchini, and red wine. Bring back to a simmer, cover and cook 30 minutes.
Ingredients: Green lentil, red lentil, rice, carrot, onion, celery, leek, paprika, basil, oregano