Illinois Prairie Corn Chowder is a creamy delight bursting with bright yellow and super sweet corn (non GMO), red peppers and rice. Add diced potato and cream to make this top selling and versatile soup. A Sofi award winner!
Ingredients: Corn, Rice, Onion, Carrot, Bell Pepper, Celery, Chive and Bay leaf.
What you need:
- 2 to 3 White Potatoes
- 8 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Heavy or Whipping Cream
- Optional: Add Diced Chicken Breast, Crabmeat, or Clams to taste for a meatier chowder.
- Peel and dice potatoes and place in a 4-quart pot.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and stir in contents of Illinois Prairie Corn Chowder Mix. Return to a simmer, cover and cook for 45 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and heat uncovered on low for 30 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Remove bay leaf before serving. If desired add salt and pepper to taste.
When fresh corn is available, cut the kernels off 2 or 3 cobs and set aside. Add cobs to the broth with the potatoes and continue with the recipe. Remove cobs and add the fresh corn with the cream.