Our Hot Truffle Sauce marries spicy chili peppers with the unique earthy flavor of truffles to create something truly special.
- Level up your mac ‘n cheese and pasta recipes.
- Add sophisticated flair to burgers, grilled cheese, chicken wings and tenders.
Hot Truffle Mac & Cheese
4 cup dried elbow macaroni or cavatappi pasta
1/4 cup salted butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cup whole milk
2 teaspoons dry mustard
1-pound grated cheese: cheddar, Colby jack, fontina and Gruyère are all good choices
1/2 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons Terrapin Ridge Farms Truffle Hot Sauce plus more for topping
- Cook the macaroni until slightly al dente. It should be slightly firm. Drain.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg.
- In a large pot, melt the butter and sprinkle in the flour. Whisk together over medium low heat, cooking the roux for five minutes. Whisking constantly, pour in the milk, add the mustard and truffle hot sauce. Whisk until smooth. Cook for five minutes until very thick. Reduce the heat to low. Take 1/4 cup of the sauce and slowly pour it into the beaten egg, whisking constantly to avoid cooking the egg. Whisk together until smooth. Pour the egg mixture into the sauce, whisking constantly. Stir until smooth add the cheese and stir to melt. Add the salt seasoning salt and pepper. Add more seasonings to taste. Pour in the drained cooked macaroni and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately or pour into a buttered baking dish top with extra cheese. Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes, or until bubbly and golden on top. Top with drizzles of Terrapin Ridge Farms Truffle Hot Sauce. Enjoy!