Cali Coastline Creamy Cauliflower Soup is a delectable and delicately balanced blend of herbs and spices that enhance cauliflower’s natural mild, nutty taste.
Ready in just 45 minutes. Serves: 7
Ingredients: Navy Bean, Carrot, Onion, Celery, Fennel, Cauliflower, Garlic, Scallion, Ground Peppercorn Blend (Black, White, Green and Pink Peppercorn, Allspice)
What you need:
3 Tbsp. butter or olive oil
1 small head cauliflower (white or orange), cut up (about 4 cups)
4 cups vegetable or chicken broth (32 oz.)
1 cup heavy cream (8 oz.)
optional: garnish with fresh chives or parsley
- In a 4-quart pot, melt butter or heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add cut-up cauliflower and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring until lightly browned.
- Stir in contents of soup mix. Add broth, bring to a boil, cover and reduce to a simmer for 25 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream. Use an immersion blender to puree to desired consistency (or pour soup into blender or food processor and puree in batches).
- Salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve with toasted pita bread and garnish, if desired.